Organisations can enter up to four categories each year. Organisations should not submit more than one entry for any category.
Senior disability champion of the year
Awarded to the individual at C-suite or board the business (or equivalent) who has most effectively used their position to visibly influence disability performance across the business.
- How senior is this individual level (or equivalent) who has most effectively used their position to visibly influence disability performance across the business and wider business community?
- How do people within and externally to the business know this person is the disability champion?
- What impact has the senior champion’s activity had?
- How visible has this activity been?
- How have they engaged with stakeholders (disabled people)?
- What influence have they had on the wider business community and public policy?
Inclusive service provider of the year
Awarded to the organisation that has most significantly improved the inclusivity of their products and services to disabled customers and those associated with them.
- How have disabled people been included in the development of this product/service?
- How many disabled customers and those associated with them has this improved the product/service for?
- How much has this improved the service to disabled people?
- How has this service reduced extra costs for disabled people?
- How is the inclusiveness of this service reviewed?
- How has this innovation influenced wider practice in your sector?
Positive cultural change of the year
Awarded to the organisation that has demonstrated the greatest positive change in attitudes towards disability, disabled colleagues, customers and stakeholders within their business.
- How have you involved disabled people in identifying cultural challenges and the solutions to these?
- How have you measured your success? Please provide any data you have collected.
- How do you ensure the longevity of the changes you have made?
- How has this improved the organisational culture for people with a wide of different impairments or conditions?
- Can you show this has encouraged people to be more open about their disability or condition at work?
- Can you show that this has caused line managers to feel more comfortable discussing disability-related issues, where appropriate?
Workplace adjustments innovation of the year
Awarded to the organisation that has displayed the greatest innovation in the timely and effective provision of workplace adjustments and the best experience for employees.
- How can you demonstrate that adjustments, on average, are delivered in a more timely manner?
- How can you demonstrate improvement in adjustments being delivered in a cost effective and consistent manner?
- How can you demonstrate disabled employees’ experience of using the end-to-end adjustments process has improved?
- How do you ensure people who may need adjustments are aware of the adjustments process and the support available?
- How are extended, more complex cases managed (for example, when adjustments prove ineffective or unsustainable)?
- How do you communicate the role and value of adjustments to all employees?
Influential business of the year
Awarded to the organisation that has been most influential in spreading best practice to the wider business community and public policy.
- How can you show that you have shared your disability-related knowledge and innovations with the wider business community?
- How have you influenced disability-related government policy?
- How have you used your public profile and brand to change public attitudes towards disability?
- How has this enhanced your reputation among disabled people?
- What is your strategic approach towards these types of activity?
- How can you demonstrate that your innovation is now widely recognised as best practice?
Technology initiative of the year
Awarded to the organisation that has most effectively deployed new technologies to remove barriers for disabled colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
- How innovative is this new technology?
- How many disabled people has this benefitted?
- What impact has this had on disabled colleagues, customers, and stakeholders?
- If relevant, how have disabled people been involved in the design and review of this innovation?
- What have been the benefits of implementing this technology to your business?
'Nothing about us without us' award
Awarded to the organisation that has most effectively involved disabled colleagues, customers and stakeholders in new projects, policies and products.
- How do you ensure disabled people are involved in decisions that may affect disabled employees?
- How do you ensure disabled people are involved in decisions that may affect disabled customers, clients and service-users?
- How have you ensured that the disabled people you engage with come from a diverse range of backgrounds?
- How do you ensure quick access to both internal and external disabled people’s user groups?