Taskforce Taskforce Partners
The Technology Taskforce is a Business Disability Forum Partner initiative which brings together some of the world's largest procurers and suppliers of ICT including: BBC, Department for Work & Pensions, GlaxoSmithKline and Microsoft. Member organisations have, at Chief Information/Technology Officer level publicly committed to enhancing the accessibility performance of their business and industry through the work of the Technology Taskforce.
These are some of the reasons that our Partners decided to find out more about accessible technology:
- Board level consultation identified where disabled employees were frustrated about technology getting in the way of their job.
- ICT practioners looking for a formalised approach for obtaining non-standard ICT kit for disabled colleagues.
- Procurement teams requiring advice on purchasing ICT, particularly from international suppliers.
- HR professionals looking for guidance on ICT reasonable adjustments.
- UK based ICT teams looking for ways to influence global policy on accessible ICT's.
- Public sector organisations wanting to meet their legal and regulatory obligation